Dany Martin, MBA
Partner & Wealth Advisor
Dany Martin, MBA
Dany Martin, a south Louisiana native but Shreveport resident, was in search of a service-oriented, innovative and proactive wealth management organization. He wanted a team that focused on exceeding clients’ needs and upholding the highest standard of service. His mission is to be a student of life and educate others about the profound, positive impact that sound financial planning will have on peoples’ lives and on their families. He also is a huge advocate of positive thinking and leadership.
Dany’s passion for helping others strive for financial health started during his high school years when residual income and the idea of having money work for you crossed his desk. He further pursued his enthusiasm for business and finance during college, where he attended Northwestern State University. During those 4 years in Natchitoches, he achieved a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and was an active member and treasurer of Sigma Nu Fraternity. He continued his education by obtaining a Master’s in Business Administration degree from Louisiana Tech University.
Prior to becoming part of the WFA team in January of 2015, Dany spent 8.5 years at Capital One Bank, where in a very short time he worked his way up from a teller to a Financial Advisor covering 10+ branches in the Shreveport, La area.
Dany and his wife, Lindsi, have been married since March 2012. They are foster parents to 2-3 boys at any given time. They also have 3 dogs names Cajun, Richie Rich, and Layla. Dany’s passions include golfing, traveling, music, health, and spending time with family and friends. Dany finds joy in helping people when they least expect it, whether that be monetary, physically, or just with a simple smile.
Getting to Know Dany
- Favorite food: Typically anything that is fairly healthy. I feel like if I eat healthy, I feel better, and therefore my mind and body work better for the better good. Cheat meal includes rice and gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, and homemade cornbread.
- What motivates Dany: Seeing someone else get what they thought they couldn’t have just at the moment when they need it most.
- Best piece of financial advice received: Spend less than you take in.
- Best piece of business advice received: 1) When you face challenges, look at yourself in the mirror. Don’t blame your company, your product, your team, etc. Everything in YOUR business is a direct relation to you. 2) Lead People. “There are leaders and there are those who lead. Be a person who leads others to a place THEY need to be.”
- If Dany could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: His wife’s brother, Jason, who passed before he met Lindsi.
- Favorite place traveled: Amalfi Coast in Italy by a landslide
- Favorite book: Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiosaki (very relatable)
- Favorite holiday: Labor Day because he gets a 3 day weekend each year for his birthday (September 3rd)
- Something on Dany’s bucket list: Play a round of golf at Augusta National
- Dany’s biggest accomplishment: Marrying someone way above his level
- 2021 InvestmentNews Top 40 Under 40 - For more information please visit our awards criteria page here